CALLS FOR PROJECTS
End of the call for projects 2018
The call for projects ended, as announced, on 24 March at 5 :00 pm. The Foundation has received more than a hundred files. We thank all those who have submitted a project. The jury is now at work. We will be back on 1st June with the result of the selection.
The Fondation provides financial support for the realization of artist projects that are inscribed within a social initiative. The calls for project are directed to artists proposing a project in collaboration with a group of people living in conditions of vulnerability (precariousness, hospitalisation, adolescence and suffering, disability, imprisonment, isolation, etc.).
The Fondation’s support seeks to create bridges between worlds that rarely meet, to expand the scope of artistic creation by addressing vulnerable people who do not have access to art for economic, cultural or social reasons.
These projects will be « social sculptures » (Joseph Beuys), in which the gaze of the artist(s) and that of each person in the group will encounter and echo one another in the space of creation, sharing and transmission of this artistic dialogue.
How to be a candidate
This call for projects is directed to artists (one or several artists in the case of a collaboration or an artist collective), regardless of their nationality and place of residence.
Artists must choose the group of people living in conditions of vulnerability with whom they wish to co-create. Prior social work experience is not required but may be a plus for applicants. Having said that, in order for their project to be considered, artists must contact an association or institution and obtain from the latter a letter stating that it agrees to work with the artist(s) on the proposed project. The exact theme of the project is open but projects must remain within the fields of visual arts (painting, sculpture, drawing, video, photography) and/or dance.
The piece(s) created and developed with the support of the Fondation may be later presented to the public within the context of an exhibition, possibly accompanied by a fundraising event.
A jury, independent from the Fondation, constituted on an ad-hoc basis for each specific call for projects, will select projects. The jury is composed of five members :
- An artist
- A gallerist or a curator
- An art collector
- A member of a museum institution
- An external personality (for instance a sociologist, a philosopher or a doctor).
Submission deadline for applications: 24 March 2018, 17:00 (CET).
The jury deliberation results will be announced no later than 1 June 2018.
The project will be actually carried out from the start of June to the end of December 2018.
The piece(s) created thanks to the support of the Fondation may be exhibited and possibly accompanied by a fundraising event over the course of the year 2019.
Submissions must be completed online. No paper submission sent by snail mail will be accepted. Projects must be submitted in French or in English. The PDF file (in A4 format, 15 pages maximum) must include:
- A 5-line summary of the project
- A detailed presentation of the project (which may include a selection of previously created pieces related to the project), 2000 words maximum.
- The CV of each participating artist in PDF format (2 pages maximum for each CV in A4 format)
- A link to online visual elements (depending on the artist(s)’s practice).
- The artist(s)’s full contact details.
- A letter from the association or the institution with which the artist will carry out the project, agreeing to work on the project, as well as a short presentation (the organization’s finances and prior actions, 2 pages maximum).
- A detailed budget of the means required for the project’s realization.
- A detailed calendar of the implementation of the project.
- (Optional) If the artist has already completed art projects inscribed within a social initiative, a presentation of a project previously carried out by the artist (2 pages maximum).